Maryland Watershed Groups
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maryland Watershed Groups

A forum for all Maryland Watershed groups to exchange ideas, information, events, and solutions.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anacostia Site-11

Go down 
AuthorMessage
esibley

Anacostia Site-11 Empty
PostSubject: Anacostia Site-11   Anacostia Site-11 Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:15 am

This could probably be posted in a better subject area (maybe restoration projects or tidal wetlands would be good), but I want to get information about the new wetlands being constructed south of the Bladensburg waterfront along the east side of the main stem. I canoed down there last summer and wandered around a bit and took some pictures, but aside from a site plan .pdf I found I've seen no other info. This is a very significant project, so there must be something out there. I'm looking for info like:

-completion date
-conceptual sketches
-really, anything else

Any info would be greatly appreciated by everyone I'm sure!

Thanks-

-Eric S.
Back to top Go down
esibley

Anacostia Site-11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anacostia Site-11   Anacostia Site-11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 11:59 am

So it looks like I'll be able to answer my own question. I was able to visit the site a few weekends ago and take these pictures (click through to see on Flickr):

http://flickr.com/photos/unstopable_force/

Here's a link to coverage that I submitted on The Wash Cycle (a local cycling blog):

http://www.thewashcycle.com/2008/10/anacostia-blade.html

You can access the site by boat (sans dock) or by driving way back from Kenilworth Ave. There was no signage when I visited, so I can't say that it's officially open, but there was nothing that would make the site unsafe for visitors. I saw a bunch of wildlife during my visit, so I'd say it's already serving its purpose and then some. Very, very encouraging.
Back to top Go down

Anacostia Site-11
Page 1 of 1